I recently had a customer who couldn’t re image machines because of some hidden partition stuff on manufacture preloaded machines. It actually turned out that a couple of files needed to be removed prior to running the TS. So we added a script to be run prior to the launch of the TS, to get rid of these files.
Its not like its a big secret, how you do this, as it is in the WinPE.chm but I thought just make small description of the steps anyhow.
1. MountRW SCCM boot.wim with ImageX
– ImageX /MountRW C:boot.wim 1 C:mount
2. Open C:mountwindowssystem32winpeshl.ini
3. Change it to look like beneath.
4. In C:mountwindowssystem32, create PreTS.vbs with the stuff you want to execute.
5. Unmonut the changed image
– ImageX /unmount /commit C:mount
6. On your WDS server add the changed boot.wim
You could add any number of different tasks to be executed if needed…